Before proceeding for the trek, obtain your biometric registration card from the registration counters at Rishikesh, Guptkashi, Augustmuni, Fata, Sitapur or Sonprayag.
In case you wish to avail the facility of rented accommodation, please check the details here.
Kindly book the ponies and palanquins from the designated booking counters at Sonprayag, Gaurikund, Bhimbali, Lincholi and Kedarnath. Ensure that they carry a valid registration(ID) card. Note down their numbers before entrusting them with your valuables. Please do not pay more than the approved rates.
Travel light. Please leave all unnecessary clothes and luggage at Sonprayag or Gaurikund itself. Food, drinks and blankets are available on the track. There is no need to carry these items along.
While on the track
Sector officer’s offices are setup on various places. In case of any problem contact sector officer directly.
In case of any health related problem, contact the nearest medical relief point.
Stay clear from the coming and going mules on the track.
Please uphold the sanctity of the pilgrimage and avoid loud dresses, vulgar language, offensive talk or gestures. The yatra is a journey of faith. Please do not treat it as a picnic or a vacation outing.
Respect the sentiments of other pilgrims.
Please avoid resting near landslide prone areas.
Refrain from smoking, chewing tobacco and betel leaves, spitting, spreading litter, playing cards etc. Consumption of liquor, intoxicants and non vegetarian food is strictly prohibited.
Keep the environment clean. Do not dirty the hill slopes. Throw the disposables in the dustbins only. In particular, minimize use of plastics.
Avoid carrying too much cash, jewelry and valuables. Take proper care whatever you
Beware of suspicious persons and unclaimed articles and report about the same to the
Don't encourage begging. Begging is strictly prohibited.
Don't crowd anywhere. Instead keep moving.
1. The big sized vehicles with wheel base more than 166 inches and overhang more than 50% are not allowed on yatra routes and on hill routes.
2. The driver should be experienced and efficient for driving on hill roads.
3. Driver should have the complete list of the passengers traveling in the vehicle.
4. The descending vehicle on the slopes should give way to ascending vehicle.
5. First aid box and wooden blocks should always be kept in the vehicle.
6. The vehicle should be technically fit for the hill journey. Before start your journey, specially check the brakes, steering, level of Engine oil & coolant.
7. It is advisable to use genuine parts during the repairs of the vehicle and the vehicle should be repaired by the technically skilled persons only.
8. All valid documents related to vehicle and driver should be with the driver.
9. Backlights and stoplights in working condition should be fixed on the rear part of the vehicle.
10. Periodical eye test is advised for every person driving a vehicle.
11. Before starting thr journey, all commercial passenger vehicles should invariably obtain the green card from any of the transport offices at Haridwar, Rishikesh or Dehradun. The green card is given after technical examination of vehicles and it is a compilation of the registration certificate, valid permit, insurance certificate, Tax payment certificate, driving and conductor's license.
12. Always use the horn on the bends.
13. While parking the vehicle always apply the hand brake.
14. There should be an emergency door in tourist buses.
1. Don't travel in an un-authorized vehicle such as private vehicles plying as un-authorized commercial vehicles on hire and reward.
2. The vehicle should not be driven by an inexperienced person or by the helper of the driver.
3. Do not drive before 5 AM or after 7 PM. on hill routes.
4. Don't drive in excessive speed since hill routes may be narrow and steeply ascending and descending with bends.
5. Driver should not wear rubber sleepers while driving, instead he should wear shoes.
6. Driver should not perform more than eight hours of steering duty a day.
7. Special care should be taken to ensure that the vehicle is not driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or any drugs..
8. Driver should not operate tape or radio etc. in a moving vehicle.
9. Loading of passengers or goods beyond permissible limits should be strictly avoided.
10. Passenger should not travel in goods vehicle such as trucks, utility van etc.
11. It is advisable not to use the re-treated tyres on the hill roads.
12. Don't use dazzling headlights in your vehicle.
13. Do not overtake without taking a pass from the vehicle in front. Never overtake an overtaking vehicle.
14. Don't carry inflammable goods or articles as kerosene/gas/petrol/diesel.